Why Test Saliva?
There are many reasons to choose saliva (oral fluid) testing over traditional urine. Perhaps the most important reason is, when done correctly, you can't cheat a saliva test.
People have spent decades developing simple and effective ways to cheat, beat, and falsify urine drug tests. For a urine drug test to be correctly administered, the person collecting the urine sample must watch the urine leave the patient's body. This is dehumanizing and uncomfortable for both the patient and the person collecting the sample.
In minutes, a saliva sample can be collected nearly anywhere, under supervision. There are no privacy or gender specific issues involved in saliva drug testing.
In addition to easier collection and being impossible to cheat, other advantages of saliva testing over urine testing are:
- Superior accuracy
- Reveals the individual level of each drug
- Faster turnaround time
- Earlier drug detection window
- Strong correlation to impairment
For those interested in the technicalities -- our testing uses “confirmatory testing,” which involves LCMS—Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectography, assessing the presence of drugs at cutoff levels considered the state of the art (0.1 ng/mL).
We’re offering the best tests available for everyone’s peace of mind. If it can be tested for, we’re doing it.
For a full list of drugs tested for, see here--
Does Canyon run the lab tests itself?
We are not a lab facility but have carefully chosen specific laboratories to work with. Canyon can do clinical evaluation, makes recommendations for testing frequency, orders tests, and monitors the results.
We can also offer referrals for Canyon-approved providers (therapists, rehabs, etc) in your area.
Why not just use a test I can buy at the drug store?
Those types of tests, commonly called point-of-care, typically test for a narrow range of drugs, and can easily be altered to give “false negative” results by those looking to alter their samples. Our testing evaluates for the presents of X number of drugs and is not prone to the same risks of tampering.
- Ethyl Glucuronide (alcohol metabolite)
- OPIOIDS/ PAIN MEDICATIONS
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- EDDP (methadone metabolite)
- 6-MAM (heroin metabolite)
- SEDATIVES/ BENZODIAZEPINES/
- MDA/ MDEA/ MDMA
- STIMULANTS/ COCAINE/ ETC
- Ritalinic Acid
- Benzoylecgogine (cocaine metabolite)
- Cocaethylene (cocaine metabolite)
- Ecgonine methyl ester (Crack cocaine)
- OTHER ILLICIT DRUGS/ SYNTHETICS
- Salvinorin A
- Spice/K2 - JWH 018, JWH 210, JWH 122, JWH 250, JWH 073
- Mitragynine (Kratom)
- Alpha-PVP (Flakka)
- Desomorphine (Krokodil)
- PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS
- valproic acid
- 6-OH-risperidone (paliperidone)
- Desmethyl Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine metabolite)